Once you decide to sell your home, it is important to remember it is no longer "your home", it is a commodity - with features and assets which need to be shown in their best possible light. You need to de-personalize it as much as possible, so that prospective buyers can visualize living in it.
Consider the exterior of your home first. The first impression from the street includes exterior condition of the structure and walkways and landscape. Is there a warm and inviting approach to the home to set the stage for excitement within? Inside, focus on room size and natural light. Remove any distractions and donate or sell items you don't want to keep before putting your house on the market.
Organize the personal items you keep so as to help enlarge the feel of interior spaces. If things need tidying inside your closets or cabinets, take charge! Try to give the overall impression that there is ample storage. Pack up and store any fixtures, appliances and window treatments which you plan to exclude from the sale of your home. Replace heirlooms with suitable fixtures so as to avoid problems later.
Inspect your rooms for defects that can easily be fixed. If the faucet drips, have it fixed. If the paint needs patching, take action and make the repairs. If the window screens are torn; replace them and have the windows washed prior to listing the property for sale.
If a fresh coat of paint will be of help to lighten and brighten the space, do it! Once you've organized and de-cluttered, repaired and freshened, it is time to make sure the house is as clean as possible on a regular basis. Make sure to remove any musty or stale odors in the house.
With attention to detail beforehand, a great impression can be achieved and you should assure a substantial edge over your competitors. Selling a home is a major undertaking. But with my guidance and assistance as a Real Estate Professional, I can assure you a superior experience!
Getting the most for your home or property means doing more than putting a "For Sale" sign out front. In a competitive market where new homes for sale are added daily, your listing needs to be seen in a variety of places in order to stand out. And sometimes the right buyer is waiting out of state, or even in another country. To ensure your home gets noticed and sells without a hitch for full market value, you need to be working with a Full Time Professional Agent and a company that not only has a high local presence but also a large global presence. Houlihan will get your home listed and talked about everywhere. We attract buyers through very strong internet marketing.With more than 87 per cent of buyers checking the web first when looking for a home, that's a part of your marketing strategy you can't afford to miss.
Your home is most likely the single biggest investment you ever made. When it's time to sell, get the value you deserve with the help of a true Full Time Professional Agent and Houlihan Lawrence.
10 unique benefits of listing with Houlihan Lawrence:
1. Focus: Houlihan Lawrence is committed to a single geographic market: New York’s Westchester, Putnam, and Dutchess Counties. We understand what makes this area an exceptional place to live, and the subtle nuances that give each village and town its distinctive character. Selling homes here is all we do.
2. Experience:Our brokers have been in the real estate business, on average, for more than 10 years. No other firm in the area can match the quality and depth of our realtors. Period.
3. Global Reach: Houlihan Lawrence has the broadest Internet marketing network in real estate. We've spent millions to stay on the cutting edge of technology and establish partnerships with more than 30 real estate websites. Exposing your listing not just to more buyers, but the right buyers. Your buyers.
4. Knowledge: Houlihan Lawrence has been a fixture in the Hudson Valley for 120 years. Our agents and managers know the area and real estate market inside and out. When you have a question about a property, no matter how big or small, our family of realtors will have the answer.
5. Market Share: HHoulihan Lawrence leads Westchester, Putnam, and Dutchess Counties at every price level. Our realtors act as listing and/or selling agent for more than one-third of all area home sales, and nearly 60% of home sales greater than $1 million. People turn to us for a reason.
6. Commitment: Choose to work with Houlihan Lawrence and you’ll receive our expertise not only during your transaction, but beyond. Our first-class service is what keeps customers coming back to us time and time again.
7. Reliability: We will be with you every step of the way. Houlihan Lawrence has a higher percentage of transactions that come to a successful conclusion than any other firm in the region.
8. Unmatched local network: When you list with Houlihan Lawrence, you tap into the largest broker network in the area: professionals who are connected to buyers and investors for your property.
9. Comprehensive Brokerage: Mortgage, Title & Settlement services. Houlihan Lawrence has the expertise to meet all of your real estate needs with distinction.
10. Giving back: We love the Hudson Valley; it’s our home, too. That’s one of the reasons we give our time, energy and money to dozens of local and regional charities. Good relationships. Good business. Good Karma.
Sign in with